Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Bronx Tale

     In the movie, A Bronx Tale, I think it was interesting to see how over time which people influenced Calogero the most.
     At first, I think his master status / group is his family's. He rides the bus with his dad daily, idolizes baseball- something that brings him and his dad together, and enjoys spending time at home.Calogero was proud of his father and how hard he worked day in and day out. However, over time, his master status switches to Sonny's gang. He changes his name, that has been passed down from generations, Calegero, to just "C"- a nickname that Sonny came up for him. Instead of going to baseball games with his dad, he went to the racetrack with Sonny.
     In his neighborhood, the only way to have respect of the people was to be tough. You had to dress a certain way, walk the walk, and talk the talk. I found it to be kind of a let down that C let all of those influences influence him, considering the fact that his dad had such integrity and never fell under the fear or influence Sonny possessed.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the fact that C loses his integrity when he joins Sonny's mob. He definitely made a turn for the worst when he was turned away from his family and friends. Hopefully Jane will turn C's life around!

    ReplyDelete