Okay, so you're crying in the bathroom stall. Tears streaming down your face, buggers everywhere. You don't think anyone is in there, but you open the door to see that you are not alone.
No I wasn't the person that was crying in the bathroom, I was the person washing my hands, hearing sniffles coming from a stall from a person who didn't think anyone was in the bathroom.
Normally, I would just go on and dry my hands, pretending that I wasn't hearing somebody weeping, but it sounded like something really bothering this girl. I could hear it in the way she blubbered.
So, I waited to see if this girl would open the stall door. In a few minutes she did and was almost startled to see me standing there. This wasn't my usual place to make conversation. I felt so awkward. I contemplated if I should say something or not, and then I just blurted out, "Are you okay?"
I thought for sure she would've replied, "ya everything's fine," and I would've been on my way- but she didn't. She told me that she failed her second psychology test in a row. I asked her if she was a senior, she said yes. I then said, "Well, why do you care?! Relax." She then reveled that she stayed up all night and studied so hard to try and ace this test. I really tried to put myself in her shoes and understand where she was coming from. I consoled her until she stopped crying.
I have never seen this girl before in my life, and even after this, I don't know her name. However, she was so grateful just to have someone to vent to. This is just one example how deviance doesn't have to be a negative zing to society. On my way back to class, I felt good that I helped someone. In the end, what's five minutes of your time to help someone out?
No comments:
Post a Comment